- 1st prize – the following students* earned an extra point on the practical test: Alexandrescu Andrei-Robert, Comănac Dragoș, Duma Horațiu, Moraru Dora, Petcu Carina, Pitic Bianca, Tudorescu Alexandra.
- 2nd prize – the following students earned 0.75 points on the practical test: Bodica Septimiu, Groza Ionuț, Mag Manuela, Revnic Iulia.
Lab 5. Indexes
- assigned: week 11; due: week 12
Work on 3 tables of the form Ta(aid, a2, …), Tb(bid, b2, …), Tc(cid, aid, bid, …), where:
- aid, bid, cid, a2, b2 are integers;
- the primary keys are underlined;
- a2 is UNIQUE in Ta;
- aid and bid are foreign keys in Tc, referencing the primary keys in Ta and Tb, respectively.
Lab 4. Database Testing
- assigned: week 8; due: week 11
After you finished designing your database, the development team is interested in assessing the performance of your design. To record different test configurations and results, you create the following relational structure:
Tests – holds data about different test configurations;
Tables – holds data about tables that might take part in a test;
TestTables – link table between Tests and Tables (which tables take part in which tests);
Views – holds data about a set of views from the database, used to assess the performance of certain SQL queries;
TestViews – link table between Tests and Views (which views take part in which tests);
TestRuns – contains data about different test runs; each test run involves:
- deleting the data from the test’s tables – in the order specified by the Position field (table TestTables);
- inserting data into the test’s tables – reverse deletion order; the number of records to insert is stored in the NoOfRows field (table TestTables);
- evaluating the test’s views;
TestRunTables – contains performance data for INSERT operations for every table in the test;
TestRunViews – contains performance data for every view in the test.…
You can earn an extra point on the practical test if you submit an interesting, original query to email@example.com. The query must be useful to a potential user.
Submission deadline: November 18, 2020
Files to submit:
* Group_StudentLastName_StudentFirstName_Query.sql – query + short description;
* Group_StudentLastName_StudentFirstName_DbDiagram.png – database diagram.…
Lab 3. Altering the Database
- assigned: week 6; due: week 8
Sometimes, after you design a database, you need to change its structure. Unfortunately, changes aren’t correct every time, so they must be reverted. Your task is to create a versioning mechanism that allows you to easily switch between database versions.…
Lab 2. SQL Queries
- assigned: week 3; due: week 6
On the relational structure created for the first lab, write SQL statements that:
- insert data – for at least 4 tables; at least one statement should violate referential integrity constraints;
- update data – for at least 3 tables;
- delete data – for at least 2 tables.
Lab 1. Database Design
- assigned: week 1; due: week 3
Imagine a simple application that requires a database. Represent the application data in a relational structure and implement the structure in a SQL Server database. The database must contain at least: 10 tables, two 1:n relationships, one m:n relationship.…
Am trecut notele la Baze de date (Info en) in Academic Info pentru restante. Va puteti vedea lucrarile maine, 20 februarie la ora 10:30, la Facultatea de Drept, in sala A320.
Cei care vor sa-si vada lucrarea sa imi trimita un mail astazi, pana la ora 21:00.…
In atentia studentilor care doresc sa vina la examen pentru marirea notei la Baze de date
Va rog sa imi trimiteti un mail cat de repede (cel tarziu vineri, 14 februarie, la ora 12:00) si sa precizati proba la care doriti sa participati (scris si / sau practic), pentru a estima numarul necesar de:
- locuri in sala
- subiecte pentru fiecare proba
Am trecut notele la Baze de date (Informatica engleza) in Academic Info pentru grupa 922 (care a sustinut examenul azi, 4 februarie 2020). Va puteti vedea lucrarile in 6 februarie la ora 8:00, la Facultatea de Drept, in sala A320.
Cei care vor sa-si vada lucrarea sa imi trimita un mail pana in 5 februarie la ora 18:00.…